TEXTILE ARTIST EMMA WHITEHEAD SHOWS YOU HOW TO STITCH DIFFERENT MATERIALS ONTO FABRIC TO CREATE A BEAUTIFUL EMBROIDERY PIECE IN THIS EASY TO FOLLOW ONE TO ONE VIDEO CLASS
Learn three different embroidery techniques so that you can pimp up your clothes or create your very own piece of artwork.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- How to set up an embroidery hoop for stitching
- How to attach other materials to your ground fabric - couching
- How to attach singular beads to your fabric - beading
- How to stitch your own signature into your fabric - split stitch signature
When you're finished, make sure to share your work by uploading a picture or video of your very own embroidery. Then share it with us on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram using the hashtag #makematicembroidery
- Easy to follow one to one video class for kids, presented by Textile Designer Emma Whitehead
For this class you will need:
Difficulty Rating: Beginner
In Partnership With
Emma Whitehead is a textile artist who uses traditional and innovative embroidery techniques to create three dimensional artworks.
Emma's has recently had solo exhibitions in Berlin (February 2014) and Downpatrick, County Down (February 2015).