DIGITAL ARTIST AND MINECRAFT SUPERSTAR ADAM CLARKE SHOWS YOU HOW TO USES WORLDPAINTER TO CREATE AMAZING ADVENTURE MAPS
Digital artist Adam Clarke shows you how to design amazing new maps using World Painter - and then save and play them with your friends. You can use this tutorial to create anything you like. You can create an adventure map, a PVP map or even use it to design a world for you to tell a story in.
This class was created as part of The Barbican's Young Arts Academy - a free network aimed at young creatives or young people aspiring to work in the arts or creative industries.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- How to use simple sketches to come up with ideas
- How to load your sketches into WorldPainter
- How to use WorldPainter to create exciting Minecraft map designs
- How to save your map design and load it into Minecraft
- There's also a whole section of advance tips and tricks.
When you're finished, make sure to share your work by uploading a picture or video of your map. Then share it with us on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram using the hashtag #barbicanmaps
- Detailed video classes presented by digital artist Adam Clarke
For this class you will need:
- A sketchbook and pencils
- Your laptop or desktop (sorry, this won't really work on mobile or tablet)
- Access to WorldPainter. It's free: http://www.worldpainter.net
- A copy of Minecraft on PC or Mac.
Difficulty Rating: Beginner
In Partnership With
Adam (aka Wizard Keen) is a digital artist who makes things in Minecraft for a living! He's worked on projects for the Tate, Disney and The Guardian and co-presents the hugely popular show WONDERQUEST alongside Stampy.