DIGITAL ARTIST AND MINECRAFT SUPERSTAR ADAM CLARKE SHOWS YOU HOW TO CREATE 3D MODELS USING TINKERCAD
Digital artist Adam Clarke shows you how to create cool 3D models using Tinkercad. Adam uses Tinkercad to create complicated shapes and huge structures inside video games like Minecraft but you can also use it to design models for 3D printing.
This class was created as part of The Barbican's Young Arts Academy - a free network aimed at young creatives or young people aspiring to work in the arts or creative industries.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- How to use simple sketches to come up with ideas
- How to use Tinkercad to create simple 3D shapes
- How to create full 3D models and export 3D design files that you can use for 3D printing or in video games and animation
- How to use MCEdit to load your 3D models into Minecraft
- There's also a whole section of advance tips and tricks.
When you're finished, make sure to share your work by uploading a picture or video of your own 3D models. Then share it with us on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram using the hashtag #barbican3d
- Over 20 minutes of video classes presented by digital artist Adam Clarke
For this class you will need:
If you would like to export your 3D model into Minecraft you'll need a copy of Minecraft on PC or Mac. Or, if you have access to a 3D printer you can print your 3D model!
Difficulty Rating: Beginner
In Partnership With
Adam (aka Wizard Keen) is a digital artist who makes things in Minecraft for a living! He's worked on projects for the Tate, Disney and The Guardian and co-presents the hugely popular show WONDERQUEST alongside Stampy.